Social Network

Post Sticky

Recent Post

Random Post


Italiano flagArabo flagCinese (Semplificato) flagOlandese flagInglese flagFrancese flagTedesco flagGiapponese flagCoreano flagPolacco flagPortoghese flagRusso flagSpagnolo flagTurco flag


June: 2008
The M M G V S D
"May July »
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29



Archive of the Month: June 2008

ICANN gives the green light to the liberalization of the domains

Published: June 28, 2008, by admin

ICANN has announced that it has given the green light, at a meeting Thursday in Paris, the liberalization of the domains. Starting from 2009 for those who want to register a domain you can also freely choose the TLD (top-level domain). Up to now the top-level domain could choose from a set [...]

Tags: , , .
Posted in Category: Internet , News | No Comments »

Released version of the Linux Kernel

Published: June 26, 2008, by admin

It was released in the last days of the Linux kernel version, the latest stable version of the Linux Kernel. You can download the new version from this address: Linux Kernel (46.4 MB). The changelog is here.

Tags: , .
Posted in Category: Linux , News , Software | No Comments »

Nokia buys Symbian

Published: June 25, 2008, by admin

Nokia has announced the launch of a bid for the purchase of Symbian, a company specializing in developing software for mobile phones. Nokia already owns 48% of the shares of Symbian and aims to acquire the remaining 52%. Among the shareholders of Symbian are Ericsson, Panasonic, Samsung, Siemens and Sony. Ericsson, which owns 15.6%, [...]

Tags: , , , .
Posted in Category: News , Software | 1 Comment »

Microsoft confirms Windows 7 coming in 2010

Posted: by admin

In a letter publicata on site for customers of Microsoft and the Microsoft vice president Bill Veghte confirmed that Windows Vista's successor, codenamed "Windows Vienna" will be released in late 2009 and early 2010. In the letter, entitled "An Update on the Windows Roadmap," Veghte [...]

Tags: , , .
Posted in Category: News , Software , Windows , Windows Vista , Windows XP | No Comments »

Ubuntu MID Edition 8.4 Released

Posted: by admin

Canonical has released version 8.04 of Ubuntu MID (Mobile Internet Device) designed for Mobile Internet Devices. Ubuntu MID Edition is highly flexible and customizable, and is optimized for Intel Atom platforms. It also has a number of open source applications designed specifically for mobile Internet devices. The interface is touch-driven, so you just tap the screen, or [...]

Tags: , .
Posted in Category: Linux , News , Software , Ubuntu | No Comments »

HP makes available its AdvFS file system for Linux

Published: June 24, 2008, by admin

HP announced yesterday that it will make available the source code for its AdvFS file systems (Tru64 Unix Advanced File System) to the open source community. AdvFS will be released under the GPL2. Developed by HP, AdvFS has been used for over 16 years by companies around the world. And simplifies file storage management, [...]

Tags: , .
Posted in Category: Linux , News , Software | No Comments »

ICANN, via the liberalization of the domains?

Posted: by admin

Thursday the ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) has scheduled a meeting to decide on the possibility of liberalizing the domain names. Up until today to register a domain you must choose as top-level domain (TLD) a top-level domain belonging to a predefined list. You can choose as top-level domain [...]

Tags: , , .
Posted in Category: Internet , News | No Comments »

Worldwide, there are a billion PCs

Posted: by admin

The computers in the world have reached $ 1 billion, to say it is the U.S. research institute Gartner in a report from the anticipated site of the weekly "New Scientist". 58% of these billion PCs are in the U.S., Europe and Japan. Over the next six years are expected to be sold to another [...]

Tags: .
Posted in Category: Hardware , News | No Comments »

Google remains the most used search engine in the U.S.

Published: June 21, 2008, by admin

According to a report published recently by Comscore, and covering the month of May 2008, Google remains the most used search engine in the U.S.. In May the number of searches performed in the United States has exceeded 10 billion (10.8 billion), and Google has increased its share from the previous month through [...]

Tags: , , , , , , .
Posted in Category: Internet , News | No Comments »

Wine 1.0, has finally arrived

Published: June 20, 2008, by admin

The Wine team has announced in recent days the release of version 1.0 of Wine. After 15 years of waiting is then arrived Wine 1.0, the first stable release of Wine, Linux software that is able to run Windows software natively on Linux. Wine is able to execute [...]

Tags: , , .
Posted in Category: BSD , Linux , News , Software , Solaris , Unix , Windows | No Comments »

2 3 4 Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4