Today, we’re very proud to release Opera 18. Note that even the numerals look like an elf skiing to Svalbard next to a snowman.
Firstly, Opera 18 integrates your microphone and camera, allowing sites that make use of the
You can now drag tabs between windows or drag them out to create a new one.
Opera 18 is now themeable. You can download themes from Opera add-ons.
In the next two weeks, we’ll promote the experimental Opera Developer.
Download da questa pagina.
Windows: Firefox now follows display scaling options to render text larger on high-res displays
WebRTC is now enabled by default!
Mac OS X: Download progress in Dock application icon
HTML5 audio/video playback rate can now be changed
Social services management implemented in Add-ons Manager
asm.js optimizations (OdinMonkey) enabled for major performance improvements
Improved WebGL rendering performance through asynchronous canvas updates
Plain text files displayed within Firefox will now word-wrap
For user security, the |Components| object is no longer accessible from web content
Improved memory usage and display time when rendering images
Pointer Lock API can now be used outside of fullscreen
CSS3 Flexbox implemented and enabled by default
New Web Notifications API implemented
New built-in font inspector
New HTML5 and elements
Scrolling using some high-resolution-scroll aware touchpads feels slow (829952)
New and enhanced features in Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 include:
- Better Performance: enterprise-class elasticity with near linear scalability and under five millisecond latency enables users to dynamically grow a cluster as their data grows with no interruption in service. In recent performance tests, Oracle NoSQL Database 2.0 delivered more than a million YCSB operations per second on a 2.4 terabyte database on an 18-node commodity cluster setup. (1)
- Automatic Rebalancing: dynamic management of compute and storage resources to maintain SLAs in response to increased demand and changing processing requirements;
- Enhanced Manageability: a simple, easy to use web console to manage all aspects of deployment and monitoring, as well as document management and structured data management in one product;
- New APIs: a new C API helps improve developer productivity, a new Large Object API supports efficient Large Object management, and new automatic serialization APIs simplify application development;
- Tighter Integration with Oracle Database: Oracle Database users can view and query Oracle NoSQL Database records directly from SQL via External Tables, making NoSQL data immediately accessible and available for integrated analysis;
- Improved Management & Monitoring Support: SNMP/JMX support enables integration with Oracle and third party management tools;
- Improved Hadoop Integration: tighter integration with Hadoop through JSON object and schema evolution support for data storage and serialization using Avro.
Download a partire da questa pagina.
Embarcadero ha introdotto in C++ Builder XE3 un compilatore a 64 per Windows (BCC64) che si va ad aggiungere al vecchio compilatore a 32 bit (BCC32) che è utilizzabile per Windows e Mac OS X, a differenza del nuovo compilatore da 64 bit che è disponibile solo per Windows e per processori Intel. In questo post sono illustrate alcune differenze tra i due compilatori.
Il nuovo compilatore supporta gli standard C++98, C++TR1, C++11, ANSI C, ISO C, C99, C11, ed usa la versione 5.3 del Dinkumware's Standard C and Standard C++ libraries, mentre il compilatore a 32 bit usa la versione 5.01. Inoltre il nuovo compilatore usa la versione 1.5 delle Boost C++ libraries. Il vecchio compilatore a 32 bit non supporta la versione 1.5 delle Boost C++ libraries, ma la versione 1.39, e non supporta parte dello standard C++11.
Some compiler and Windows differences to be aware of (most of the time the compiler and RTL will take care of things for you unless you have platform specific code):
- 64-bit Windows Applications use the familiar Windows API
- Windows API calls must be 64-bit versions.
- Try blocks are supported in 64-bit Windows programs.
- A 64-bit Windows application can use a 32-bit Windows type library (as some 64-bit MS Office applications do).
- Cannot mix 32-bit and 64-bit code in the same process.
- DLLs, components, libraries, and packages require that you compile or install separate 32-bit Windows (design-time) and 64-bit Windows (run-time) versions if you want to use the Form Designer.
64-bit Windows is needed for OS extensions, shell extensions.
- The size of LRESULT, WPARAM, and LPARAM all expand to 64 bits, so message handlers will have to be checked for inappropriate casts.
I'm very happy to announce that the first release candidate for Qt 5.0.0 has just been released.
We have been completely restructuring the Qt documentation to make it easier to access. Please have a look and check out the new docs. We hope that they will make it easier to find your way and access the information you’re searching for.
The examples have also received a lot of love to make sure it is easy to get started with Qt. They can be easily accessed, build and launched from Qt Creator’s Welcome screen.
A final set of a few additional API changes has also made it into the release candidate. This release fixes the API set for Qt 5.0. Between now and the final release we will only make very minor adjustments to the API.
La lista dei cambiamenti introdotti in questa versione rispetto alla 4.0 si trova a questa pagina. La documentazione è disponibile a questa pagina. Il download della RC per Windows, Linux e Mac OS X è possibile da questa pagina.
Rilasciata nuova versione di Firefox
FIXED 17.0.1: Font rendering issue in Firefox 17.0 (bug 814101)
FIXED 17.0.1: Reverted user agent change causing some website incompatibilities
NEW First revision of the Social API and support for Facebook Messenger
NEW Click-to-play blocklisting implemented to prevent vulnerable plugin versions from running without the user's permission (see blog post)
CHANGED Updated Awesome Bar experience with larger icons
CHANGED Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported
DEVELOPER SVG FillPaint and StrokePaint implemented
DEVELOPER Improvements that make the Web Console, Debugger and Developer Toolbar faster and easier to use
DEVELOPER New Markup panel in the Page Inspector allows easy editing of the DOM
HTML5 Sandbox attribute for iframes implemented, enabling increased security
FIXED Over twenty performance improvements, including fixes around the New Tab page
FIXED 17.0.1: Leaving Private Browsing with Social API enabled should reset social components (814554)
FIXED Pointer lock doesn't work in web apps (769150)
FIXED Page scrolling on sites with fixed headers (780345)
UNRESOLVED If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369)
UNRESOLVED For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see 579260)
UNRESOLVED Windows: The use of Microsoft's System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates (see 730285)
WordPress 3.4 is here and out the door. We’ve dubbed this release "Green" in honor of guitarist Grant Green whose soulful simplicity has kept many of us company during this release.
This release includes significant improvements to theme customization, custom headers, Twitter embeds, and image captions
The biggest change in 3.4 is the theme customizer which allows you to play around with various looks and settings for your current theme or one you’re thinking about switching to without publishing those changes to the whole world.
There are hundreds of under-the-hood improvements in this release, notably in the XML-RPC, themes, and custom header APIs, and significant performance improvements in WP_Query and the translation system.
- FIXED: Security fixes
- FIXED: Java applets sometimes caused text input to become unresponsive
- NEW: Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default
- NEW: The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
- NEW: Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented
- NEW: CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported
- HTML5: New element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties
- HTML5: Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen
- DEVELOPER: We've added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
- DEVELOPER: Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
- FIXED: Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks
- FIXED:Silverlight video may not play on some Macintosh hardware
Download da questa pagina
Rilasciata la versione 8.0 della libreria grafica Mesa 3D. Mesa 3D 8.0 implementa le API OpenGL 3.0 e la versione 1.30 di GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language). Le nuove funzionalità, che dipendono dall'hardware e dai driver utilizzati, sono le seguenti
- GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility (r300g, r600g)
- GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float (r600g)
- GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev (r600g)
- GL_ARB_texture_storage (gallium drivers and swrast)
- GL_EXT_packed_float (i965)
- GL_EXT_texture_array (r600g, i965)
- GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent (i965)
- GL_NV_fog_distance (all gallium drivers, nouveau classic)
- GL_NV_primitive_restart (r600g)
- GL_OES_EGL_image_external (gallium drivers)
- GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture (softpipe, llvmpipe)
- ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui (softpipe, r600g)
- Many updates to the VMware svga Gallium driver
Download a partire da questa pagina.
this is what is new in the Qt SDK:
- Fixes for Qt Creator 2.4 in a new 2.4.1 patch update
- Qt 4.8 for desktops delivering Qt Quick 1.1, Qt platform abstraction, Qt WebKit 2.2, and threaded OpenGL.
- More Qt Mobility examples for Nokia N9 and Symbian devices
- Ability to specify network proxy setting in the SDK Maintenance Tool
- Update to the Symbian Complementary Package introducing Analyze Tool plugin and new CODA 1.0.6 installation package
- An update to Notifications API improving the end user experience and fixing issues in the Nokia N9 implementation of the API.
Qt SDK 1.2 is available and provides:
- Qt Creator 2.4.1: offering improvements in the C++ and QML editors, such as syntax highlighting in QML, and improved static QML code checking features.
- Symbian target updates:
- Updated Nokia AnalyzeTool plug-in to take full advantage of Qt Creator 2.4.
- Added CODA 1.0.6 (on-device debugging) agent.
- Updated MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan target.
- Over 20 new Qt Mobility examples, which are now easily assessable from the Qt Creator welcome page.
The Qt SDK is available in the following versions and installation packages:
Download a partire da questa pagina.