The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of PC-BSD 10.1.
Highlights: KDE 4.14.2, GNOME 3.12.2, Cinnamon 2.2.16, Chromium 38.0.2125.104, Firefox 33.1, NVIDIA Driver 340.24, Lumina desktop 0.7.1-beta, pkg 1.3.8; new AppCafe HTML5 web/remote interface for both desktop and server usage; new CD-sized text-installer ISO files for TrueOS and server deployments; new Centos 6.6 Linux emulation base; new HostAP mode for WiFi GUI utilities; UEFI support for boot and installation; automatic tuning of ZFS memory usage at install time; support for full-disk (GELI) encryption without an unencrypted /boot partition (also on mirror/raidz setups!); new VirtualBox, VMware and RAW disk images of desktop and server installations.
Download a partire da questa pagina.
Today KDE released updates for its Workspaces, Applications and Development Platform. These updates are the second in a series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.11 series. As was announced on the release, the workspaces will continue to receive updates for the next two years. This release only contains bugfixes and translation updates and will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone.
More than 70 recorded bugfixes include improvements to the Window Manager KWin, the file manager Dolphin, the personal information management suite Kontact, and others. There are many stability fixes and the usual additions of translations.
A more complete list of changes can be found in KDE's issue tracker. For a detailed list of changes that went into 4.11.2, you can also browse the Git logs.
Today KDE released updates for its Workspaces, Applications and Development Platform. These updates continue the series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.10 series. 4.10.4 updates bring many bugfixes and translation updates on top of the 4.10 release and are recommended updates for everyone running the 4.10 release series. As this release only contains bugfixes and translation updates, it will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone.
The over 50 recorded bugfixes include improvements to the Personal Information Management suite Kontact, the File Manager Dolphin, and others. The changes are listed on KDE's issue tracker. For a detailed list of changes that went into 4.10.4, you can browse the Subversion and Git logs.
The Beta release is the last important milestone before the release of Fedora 19. Only critical bug fixes will be pushed as updates, leading up to the general release of Fedora 19.
Here's a peek at some of our new tools:
- 3D modelling and printing are enabled through a variety of tools, including OpenSCAD, Skeinforge, SFACT, Printrun, and RepetierHost.
- OpenShift Origin makes it easy for you to build your own Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) infrastructure, allowing you to enable others to easily develop and deploy software.
- Ruby 2.0.0. Also included: a custom Ruby loader for easy switching of interpreters.
GNOME 3.8, KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.10, MATE Desktop 1.6.
- MariaDB, a community-developed fork of MySQL, is the default implementation of MySQL in Fedora 19, offering users a truly open MySQL implementation.
Download a partire da questa pagina.
Today KDE released updates for its Workspaces, Applications, and Development Platform. These updates are the last in a series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.9 series. 4.9.4 updates bring many bugfixes and translation updates on top of the latest edition in the 4.9 series and are recommended updates for everyone running 4.9.3 or earlier versions. As the release only contains bugfixes and translation updates, it will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone.
The list of 71 recorded bugfixes include improvements in the Dolphin file manager and Kontact email and groupware client. KDE's development platform has received a number of updates which affect multiple applications.
La lista dei cambiamenti è disponibile a questa pagina.
Today KDE released the second beta for its renewed Workspaces, Applications, and Development Platform. Thanks to the feedback from the first beta, KDE already improved the quality noticably. Further polishing new and old functionality will lead to a rock-stable, fast and beautiful release in January, 2013. One outstanding freeze is the artwork freeze, which is planned to bring an updated look to Plasma workspaces.
For users everywhere
- Fedora 18 offers a brand-new version of the Gnome desktop, version 3.6, straight from the upstream development process. Updates have also been made to the KDE, XFCE and Sugar desktop environments; additionally, the MATE desktop is available for the first time in Fedora.
- Fedora's new installer user interface enhances the anaconda installer with improvements in easeof use and installation.
- This release includes several language updates, including the move to Perl 5.16, updating the Python 3 stack from 3.2 to 3.3, Rails 3.2 and updated D and Haskell programming environments.
For system administrators
- Fedora 18 includes the final release of Samba 4, and can be used on an Active Directory domain out of the box. An integrated, new native management software allows you to access data and server information easily.
- OpenStack in Fedora 18 has been updated to Folsom, the most recent release by the OpenStack community. This Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform enables the creation and management of cloud infrastructure.
- Eucalyptus 3.1, another IaaS platform, is available in Fedora for the first time, and includes the major components of Eucalyptus.
- Storage System Management CLI tools simplify the user interface by providing unified abstraction and interface for multiple storage technologies, including lvm, btrfs and md raid.
Download a partire da questo indirizzo.
Good news! openSUSE Milestone 0 of openSUSE 12.3 is out!
a quick overview of the latest changes in Factory:
- KDE is updated to 4.9.1 release
- Glibc is updated to 2.16 release
- Kernel is updated to 3.6.0-rc7
- X.org updated to 1.13 release
- All X.org video drivers are updated to latest stable release (or snapshot).
- Mesa updated to upcoming v9 snapshot.
- DRM libraries updated to 2.4.33 release
- Qt updated to 4.8.2 release.
- Emacs updated to 24.2 release.
- OpenJDK updated to 22.214.171.124 release
- Banshee media player is updated to 2.5.1 release.
- zsh is updated to 5.0 release
- SourceCodePro font from Adobe is now available among other new font packages.
- Support for OPUS codec added via libopus
- jpeg-turbo is now the default jpegv8 implementation, jpegv6 is dropped.
Annunciato il rilascio di KDE 4.9.2
Today KDE released updates for its Workspaces, Applications, and Development Platform. These updates are the second in a series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.9 series. 4.9.2 updates bring many bugfixes and translation updates on top of the latest edition in the 4.9 series and are recommended updates for everyone running 4.9.1 or earlier versions. As the release only contains bugfixes and translation updates, it will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone. KDE’s software is already translated into more than 55 languages, with more to come.
Significant bugfixes include improvements to the Kontact Suite, bugfixes in Dolphin, Plasma and many more corrections and performance improvements all over the place. KDE's development platform has received a number of updates which affect multiple applications.
While the focus of the over 800 changes in Factory in June has been on stabilizing there are a few important updates we want to mention:
Download a partire da questa pagina.