Notable changes in this release:
- Fix issue enabling flash plugin after installation
- Fix bug with handbook not launching in LXDE
- Fix issue performing updates on ZFS systems with separate /boot UFS partition
- Add lxmenu-data port, which provides nicer LXDE menu framework
- Fix enabling ibus from GDM
- Include "mga" driver in base
- Add option to install only "openbox" as a window-manager
- Fix bug doing PBI patching and checking the FreeBSD version
- Improve PBI manager allowing ~/bin entries to point to wrapper scripts
- Fix bug upgrading and installing the nvidia driver
- Fix bugs installing from LIVE mode
Download a partire da questa pagina.
Debian 6.0 è un sistema operativo libero e per la prima volta viene fornito in due varianti. Accanto a GNU/Linux, con questa versione viene introdotta, comeanteprima tecnologica, Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.
Debian funziona su dispositivi di ogni tipo, dai palmari ai supercomputer. Supporta inoltre un totale di nove architetture: 32-bit PC/Intel IA-32 (i386), 64-bit PC/Intel EM64T / x86-64 (amd64), Motorola/IBM PowerPC (powerpc), Sun/Oracle SPARC (sparc), MIPS (mips (big-endian) and mipsel (little-endian)), Intel Itanium (ia64), IBM S/390 (s390) e ARM EABI (armel).
Questo rilascio include le ultime versioni disponibili di molti software, tra i quali:
- Aree di lavoro e applicazioni KDE Plasma 4.4.5
- una versione aggiornata dell'ambiente desktop GNOME 2.30
- l'ambiente desktop Xfce 4.6
- LXDE 0.5.0
- X.Org 7.5
- OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
- GIMP 2.6.11
- Iceweasel 3.5.16 (una versione di Mozilla Firefox priva del marchio)
- Icedove 3.0.11 (una versione di Mozilla Thunderbird priva del marchio)
- PostgreSQL 8.4.6
- MySQL 5.1.49
- GNU Compiler Collection 4.4.5
- Linux 2.6.32
- Apache 2.2.16
- Samba 3.5.6
- Python 2.6.6, 2.5.5 and 3.1.3
- Perl 5.10.1
- PHP 5.3.3
- Asterisk 22.214.171.124
- Nagios 3.2.3
- Xen Hypervisor 4.0.1 (con il supporto per dom0 e per domU)
- OpenJDK 6b18
- Tomcat 6.0.18
- più di 29.000 altri pacchetti pronti per l'uso, generati a partire da circa 15.000 sorgenti.
Debian 6.0 comprende inoltre più di 10.000 nuovi pacchetti, come il browser Chromium, la suite di controllo Icinga, l'interfaccia Software Center per la gestione dei pacchetti, il gestore delle reti wicd, gli strumenti lxc per i container Linux e il framework per cluster Corosync.
Le note di rilascio sono disponibili a questa pagina. Il download è possibile da questa pagina, o direttamente da questi link
debian-6.0.0-i386-DVD-1.iso (4475 MB, torrent),
debian-6.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso (4446 MB, torrent).
The third Release Candidate for the 8.2/7.4 release cycle is now available. For 8.2-RC3 the amd64, i386, ia64, pc98, powerpc, and sparc64 architectures are available. For 7.4-RC3 the amd64, i386, pc98, and sparc64 architectures are available.
Download a partire dai mirror indicati a questa pagina.
The second Release Candidate for the FreeBSD 7.4 release cycle is now available. For this build only the amd64, i386, pc98, and sparc64 architectures are available. An initial set of pre-build packages are available on the DVD and CDROM images for the amd64 architecture. At the time the i386 images were created the two large meta-packages that are the bulk of what we normally provide (Gnome and KDE) were not available so there are some packages on the i386 images but what is there is not a reflection of what we expect to include with the final release. Several bugs we feel are critical enough to warrant fixing before the 8.2/7.4 releases are finalized, so the release will be delayed and we will be providing a third Release Candidate about a week from now.
Improvements in this release of the installer
- Linux kernel updated to 2.6.32-29.
- Updated artwork for Squeeze theme (#603554).
- Fixed Finnish keymap in graphical installer.
- Fixed usability issues with very long questions about accepting firmware licenses when some non-free firmware is used.
- Fixed mklibs segfaults on static objects;
- Avoid reloading modules that have a network interface that is already configured.
- Support the new suite name forvolatile.
- Fix text of examples in debconf templates to fit the new partition numbering scheme in GRUB 2.
- Fix resolv.conf writing of manual entered values in case DHCP doesn't supply them.
- Live Installer:
- don't depends on fs modules since it can be loaded during the filesystem lookup;
- also removing backend packages for both live-boot and live-config when running normal installation;
- calling depmod before modprobing support modules;
- for consistency, and for more flexibility with custom d-i kernels, also making anna call for installing support modules never fail.
- On GNU/kFreeBSD:
- disable partman-zfs on kfreebsd-i386;
- fix generation of fstab CD-ROM entries;
- mark modules disabled due to firmware issues as optional.
- On GNU/Linux:
- nic-modules: add qlcnic module;
- ata-modules: force inclusion of ata_generic;
- kirkwood: Added support for QNAP TS-119P+ and TS-219P+;
- add support for YDL PowerStation, a CHRP machine with IBM Bimini board and SLOF firmware;
- selectively load necessary modules to control G5 PowerMac fans. All G5 PowerMac models are covered now;
- fancontrol-modules (powerpc64): add windfarm_pm121 for iMac iSight machines;
- pata-modules: add pata_mpc52xx for Efika 5200B board;
- nic-modules (powerpc64): add ehea module for on-board ethernet adapters present on all IBM Power 6 and later System P boards;
- core-modules: add bestcomm-core. pata_mpc52xx and fec_mpc52xx depend on it;
- let linux-boot-prober work on all chrp machines;
- handle YDL initrd image in linux-boot-prober fallback test;
- use short unique OS labels returned by os-prober;
- use persistent device naming symlinks and UUID/LABEL tags instead of unix block device names.
- Lao and Sinhala languages added;
- 70 languages activated (included English);
- for 57 of these, translation is 100% complete.
Some of the notable changes are:
* Updated to FreeBSD 8.2-RC1
* Fixed issue detecting the proper video card driver
* Fixed some crashes when adding new users / groups
* Added /sbin/nologin as a shell choice in the user manager
* Let created users have a homedir of /nonexistant via the GUI
* Fix customizing desktop languages when using a () in the description
The first release candidate for the FreeBSD 7.4/8.2 release cycle is now available. For 7.4-RC1 the amd64, i386, pc98, and sparc64 architectures are available, for 8.2-RC1 those architectures plus ia64 and powerpc are available. Files suitable for creating installation media or doing FTP based installs through the network are available on the FreeBSD mirror sites. For this release candidate no packages (except for the doc package set for 8.2-RC1) have been provided in any of the images. If you are updating an already running machine the CVS branch tag for 8.2-RC1 is RELENG_8_2, for 7.4-RC1 it is RELENG_7_4. If you prefer SVN use 'releng/8.2' or 'releng/7.4'.
Annunciato il rilascio della prima beta di PC-BSD 8.2. Note di rilascio disponibili a questa pagina. Download dai mirror indicati a questa pagina, oppure direttamente da questi link
PCBSD8.2-BETA1-x86-DVD.iso (3,554 MB),
PCBSD8.2-BETA1-x64-DVD.iso (3,769 MB).
The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of PC-BSD 8.2-BETA1 which is running FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELEASE, X.Org 7.5, and KDE 4.5.4. Version 8.2 contains a number of enhancements and improvements. Some of the notable changes are: added ability to select file system type and to encrypt partitions during installation; added ability to change hostname from installer; numerous fixes and improvements to NetworkManager, including 3G support and ability to enable/disable the lagg interface. Everyone is encouraged to test this beta and to report any bugs to the testing mailing list. Instructions for beta testers can be found in the PC-BSD Handbook.
The following items were added/fixed since VirtualBox 4.0.0 Beta 2:
- Solaris hosts: another fix for installing ExtPacks on Solaris
- Solaris hosts: properly register mime types
- GUI: fixed a crash if maximizing a guest window is not allowed
- GUI: remember recent mounted mediums
- GUI: fixed additions mounting
- GUI: added hint how to get out of the scale mode
- GUI: fixed black fullscreen minitoolbar on KDE4 hosts (bug #5449)
- GUI: allow to update / downgrade / reinstall ExtPacks
- 3D support: fixed incorrect rendering for some d3d8/9 apps
- 3D support: fixed OpenGL support for 32bit apps on 64bit Windows XP SP2
- 3D support: fixed installation on Linux without DKMS
- 3D support: fixed OpenGL support for libMesa 7.9
- VGA: fixed crash when booting VMs with older additions
- OVA: allow individual files greater 8GB
- Storage: performance optimization by not using our own block cache for read-only mediums
- BIOS: implemented multi-sector reading, speeds up booting of certain guests (e.g. Solaris)
- VMM: fixed FreeBSD 8.1 boot hang for unrestricted guest execution with VT-x
- VMM: fixed performance regression for 32-bit SMP guests (VT-x + nested paging)
- VMM: fixed performance regression (VT-x with preemption timer only)
- VMM: improved fix for blocking NMIs triggered by active performance counters (Linux hosts in non-VT-x/AMD-V mode only; bug #7819)
- User Manual: Windows help file (.chm) is searchable again
- Windows Additions: fixed Windows 2000 guests (4.0.0 Beta 1 regression)
- Solaris Additions: fixed guest X11 drivers
- Solaris Additions: fixed unexpected termination of VBoxService
- Linux Additions: fixed xorg.conf patching for older Linux (3.2.12 regression)