Windows 7 and Windows Vista support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit.
- Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4.
Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications
- Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
- Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications.
- Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications).
AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
- Custom resolutions – users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations.
- Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile.
- HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference.
- Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations.
NVidia è entrata a far parte della Linux Foundation, organizzazione no-profit dedicata a promuovere la crescita di Linux. NVidia si va così ad aggiungere a Intel e AMD che sono soci da tempo della fondazione. Altri soci di rilievo della Linux Foundation sono IBM, Google, Oracle, Cisco, Adobe, Samsung, Siemens. Al momento non è ancora chiaro se questo comporterà delle modifiche nella politica di NVidia sui driver, NVidia ha finora rilasciato driver proprietari per le sue schede grafiche sotto Linux.
This is the first WHQL-certified driver from the R295 family of drivers. It is the recommended upgrade for all GeForce users, especially those playing the latest hot PC games like Battlefield 3, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These drivers come packed with GeForce-exclusive performance and quality enhancements and are now Microsoft WHQL-certified.
R295 Highlight Summary
New features and performance since last WHQL-certified driver
- Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, "the fastest selling title inSteam's history"
- Up to 2x performance Mass Effect 3 with SLI technology.
- GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
- New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
Rilasciata la versione 8.0 della libreria grafica Mesa 3D. Mesa 3D 8.0 implementa le API OpenGL 3.0 e la versione 1.30 di GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language). Le nuove funzionalità, che dipendono dall'hardware e dai driver utilizzati, sono le seguenti
- GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility (r300g, r600g)
- GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float (r600g)
- GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev (r600g)
- GL_ARB_texture_storage (gallium drivers and swrast)
- GL_EXT_packed_float (i965)
- GL_EXT_texture_array (r600g, i965)
- GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent (i965)
- GL_NV_fog_distance (all gallium drivers, nouveau classic)
- GL_NV_primitive_restart (r600g)
- GL_OES_EGL_image_external (gallium drivers)
- GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture (softpipe, llvmpipe)
- ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui (softpipe, r600g)
- Many updates to the VMware svga Gallium driver
Download a partire da questa pagina.
Notable changes in this release:
- Fix issue enabling flash plugin after installation
- Fix bug with handbook not launching in LXDE
- Fix issue performing updates on ZFS systems with separate /boot UFS partition
- Add lxmenu-data port, which provides nicer LXDE menu framework
- Fix enabling ibus from GDM
- Include "mga" driver in base
- Add option to install only "openbox" as a window-manager
- Fix bug doing PBI patching and checking the FreeBSD version
- Improve PBI manager allowing ~/bin entries to point to wrapper scripts
- Fix bug upgrading and installing the nvidia driver
- Fix bugs installing from LIVE mode
Download a partire da questa pagina.
Catalyst 11.9 Desktop
Catalyst 11.9 Mobility
The following major new features were added:
- Support for cloning of VMs (bug #5853, see the manual for more information): full clones can be created through the GUI and VBoxManage, linked clones only through VBoxManage
- GUI: enhanced wizard for creating new virtual disks
- GUI: new wizard for copying virtual disks
- GUI: keep the aspect ratio in scale mode (Windows and OSX hosts only; bug #7822)
- VMM: raised the memory limit for 64-bit hosts to 1TB
- Experimental support for PCI passthrough for Linux hosts, see the manual for more information
- Windows guests: Experimental WDDM graphics driver, supporting Windows Aero (bug #4607) and providing Direct3D support using a cleaner approach (no need to install the guest drivers in Safe Mode anymore)
- Guest Additions: status of modules and features can now be queried separately by the frontends
- Networking: new network attachment mode "Generic Driver", which offers an open plugin architecture for arbitrary and separately distributable virtual network implementations
- Host-only Networking: fixed host crash in kernels prior to 2.6.29
- New Networking Mode UDP Tunnel: allows to interconnect VMs running on different hosts easily and transparently, see the manual for more information
- Experimental support for SATA hard disk hotplugging available with VBoxManage
- Solaris hosts: New Crossbow based bridged networking driver for Solaris 11 build 159 and above
- Updated standard kernels to 18.104.22.168 (rescuecd + rescue64)
- Updated alternative kernels to 22.214.171.124 (altker32 + altker64)
- Updated Memtest86+ floppy disk image to 4.20 (supports Sandy-Bridge + fusion)
- Updated xorg-server to 1.9.4 (graphical server and drivers)
- Updated initramfs software (programs involved in the boot process)
- Upgraded atl1c driver in standard kernel for Atheros AR8151 Gigabit devices
- Fixed name resolution in the initramfs environment (used for PXE booting)
- Updated GParted to version 0.8.0
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.1 Windows release include:
The new AMD Catalyst Control Center™ user interface
- The new AMD Catalyst Control Center enables a simplified user experience to help you get the most out of your AMD graphics product
- Easily enable/configure 3D settings to enhance game image quality
- Desktop and displays to setup AMD Eyefinity multiple displays to help increase productivity
- Control your video image quality, color and playback capabilities
- Adjust power settings to help increase battery life
- Support of two unique views – for mainstream and advanced users
- User Interface dynamically updates based on available AMD hardware
Support for OpenGL 4.1
- New features introduced in OpenGL 4.1
- Full compatibility with OpenGL ES 2.0 APIs for easier porting between mobile and desktop platforms
- The ability to query and load a binary for shader program objects to save re-compilation time
- The capability to bind programs individually to programmable stages for programming flexibility
- 64-bit floating-point component vertex shader inputs for higher geometric precision
- Multiple viewports for a rendering surface for increased rendering flexibility