- The first and best way to try a Gentoo-based Linux distribution at its full power, with all working out-of-the-box and no compilation needed at all
- Faster, cleaner and more evolved than any other rolling distro out there: we work hard to bring you the most stable rolling release experience
- Keep up-to-date your system in minutes while maintaining full Gentoo Portage compatibility
- Focusing on performance: GCC 4.6 with Graphite Loop Transformation infrastructure and Link Time Optimizations enabled
- Always up-to-date Linux Kernel 3.2 (and experimental "Fusion" Kernels available in repositories)
- Providing extra Server-oriented Linux kernels (OpenVZ, Vserver, Generic Server)
- Natively supporting the btrfs file system (besides ext4, aufs, and others)
- Transform Sabayon into an full-featured HTPC Operating System (Media Center) using XBMC 10.1 (11.0 available soon)
- GNOME 3.2.2 Visual Environment
- KDE 4.7.4 Desktop Environment (4.8.0 available in a few days)
- Improved Xfce 4.8 out-of-the-box experience (for those missing GNOME2)
- Improved LibreOffice integration, updated to 3.4.4
- Migrated to libav as ffmpeg replacement
- Migrated to Java 7 and Subversion 1.7
- Cinnamon and Razor Qt available in repositories
- Entropy Framework (Package Manager, Web Services) updated to 1.0_rc86, consolidating stability and performance
- Support for IME and non-roman fonts at install time
- Support for non-latin languages at install time
- More than 12000 packages available for x86_64, i686
Download dai mirror indicati a questa pagina.
this is what is new in the Qt SDK:
- Fixes for Qt Creator 2.4 in a new 2.4.1 patch update
- Qt 4.8 for desktops delivering Qt Quick 1.1, Qt platform abstraction, Qt WebKit 2.2, and threaded OpenGL.
- More Qt Mobility examples for Nokia N9 and Symbian devices
- Ability to specify network proxy setting in the SDK Maintenance Tool
- Update to the Symbian Complementary Package introducing Analyze Tool plugin and new CODA 1.0.6 installation package
- An update to Notifications API improving the end user experience and fixing issues in the Nokia N9 implementation of the API.
Qt SDK 1.2 is available and provides:
- Qt Creator 2.4.1: offering improvements in the C++ and QML editors, such as syntax highlighting in QML, and improved static QML code checking features.
- Symbian target updates:
- Updated Nokia AnalyzeTool plug-in to take full advantage of Qt Creator 2.4.
- Added CODA 1.0.6 (on-device debugging) agent.
- Updated MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan target.
- Over 20 new Qt Mobility examples, which are now easily assessable from the Qt Creator welcome page.
The Qt SDK is available in the following versions and installation packages:
Download a partire da questa pagina.
The LiveDVD features a superb list of packages, some of which are listed below.
- System packages include: Linux kernel 3.0 (with Gentoo patches), Accessibility Support with Speakup, Bash 4.2, GLIBC 2.13-r2, GCC 4.5.2, Binutils 2.21.1, Python 2.7.2 and 3.2, Perl 5.12.4, and more.
- Desktop environments and window managers include: KDE 4.7.0, GNOME 3.0.0, Xfce 4.8, Enlightenment 1.0.8, Openbox 3.5.0, Fluxbox 1.3.1, XBMC 10.1 Awesome 3.4.10, and LXDE-Meta 0.5.5.
- Office, graphics, and productivity applications include: LibreOffice 3.3.3, XEmacs 21.5.31 GVim 7.3.244, Abiword 2.8.6, Scribus 1.3.9, GIMP 2.6.11, Inkscape 0.48.2, Blender 2.57, XSane 0.998, and much more.
- Web browsers include: Mozilla Firefox 5.0, Chromium 13.0 Arora 0.11.0, Opera 11.50.1074, Epiphany 3.0.4, Seamonkey 2.2, and other favorites.
- Communication tools include: Pidgin 2.9.0, Quassel 0.7.2, Mozilla Thunderbird 5.0, Claws Mail 3.7.9, QTwitter 0.10.0, Irssi 0.8.15, and many more.
- Development applications include: KDevelop 4.2.3, KDESvn 1.5.5, Qt-creator 2.2.1, Bluefish 2.0.3, and many more.
- Multimedia applications include: Amarok 2.4.3, MPlayer 1.0_rc4, MPlayer2 2.0, DVDAuthor 0.6.14, LAME 3.98.4, FFmpeg 0.6.90, GNOME-MPlayer 1.0.4, SMPlayer 0.6.9, and several others.
Nokia ha annunciato il rilascio di una technology preview di Qt 4.8. Il codice sorgente è disponibile per il download in formato zip qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-tp.zip, e in formato tar.gz qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-tp.tar.gz. Il rilascio della beta di Qt 4.8 è previsto nelle prossime settimane, mentre il rilascio della versione finale è previsto per la seconda metà del 2011.
Qt 4.8 will be a release containing a lot of quality and performance improvements that were carried out during the last 12 months, such as File System performance improvements. It also includes the Qt Platform Abstraction (Lighthouse) feature, which enables easier porting of Qt into new graphics systems for third parties. Today’s Technology Preview is released to get your feedback, comments and improvement ideas.
Supported platforms for Qt 4.8
Targets for Qt 4.8 will be announced in due course. As a reminder and a guide, the supported platforms for Qt 4.7 are available here http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/supported-platforms.html
The target of the Qt SDK 1.1 is to easily get started with Qt Quick development on Symbian, Maemo5 and the desktop. Specifically this means
- Qt Creator 2.1RC, which includes the first iteration of tooling support for Qt Quick. For all details, check our latest post about Qt Creator
- Qt 4.7.1 for Symbian (Symbian^1 and Symbian^3) is bundled in the toolchain and is also available as sis packages to install on your phone.
- Qt Mobility 1.1 for Symbian targets (both Symbian^1 and Symbian^3) adding many new features and fixes
- The N900 target allows development with Qt 4.7
- Qt Simulator uses Qt 4.7.1 as well as Qt Mobility 1.1 as a basis for development