The JDK 7u10 release includes the following enhancements:
- The ability to disable any Java application from running in the browser. This mode can be set in the Java Control Panel or (on Microsoft Windows platform only) using a command-line install argument.
- The ability to select the desired level of security for unsigned applets, Java Web Start applications, and embedded JavaFX applications that run in a browser. Four levels of security are supported. This feature can be set in the Java Control Panel or (on Microsoft Windows platform only) using a command-line install argument.
- New dialogs to warn you when the JRE is insecure (either expired or below the security baseline) and needs to be updated.
Download a partire da questa pagina.
The Dev channel has been updated to 25.0.1359.3 for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This update contains a number of stability fixes. A full list of changes in this build is available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.
Embarcadero ha introdotto in C++ Builder XE3 un compilatore a 64 per Windows (BCC64) che si va ad aggiungere al vecchio compilatore a 32 bit (BCC32) che è utilizzabile per Windows e Mac OS X, a differenza del nuovo compilatore da 64 bit che è disponibile solo per Windows e per processori Intel. In questo post sono illustrate alcune differenze tra i due compilatori.
Il nuovo compilatore supporta gli standard C++98, C++TR1, C++11, ANSI C, ISO C, C99, C11, ed usa la versione 5.3 del Dinkumware's Standard C and Standard C++ libraries, mentre il compilatore a 32 bit usa la versione 5.01. Inoltre il nuovo compilatore usa la versione 1.5 delle Boost C++ libraries. Il vecchio compilatore a 32 bit non supporta la versione 1.5 delle Boost C++ libraries, ma la versione 1.39, e non supporta parte dello standard C++11.
Some compiler and Windows differences to be aware of (most of the time the compiler and RTL will take care of things for you unless you have platform specific code):
- 64-bit Windows Applications use the familiar Windows API
- Windows API calls must be 64-bit versions.
- Try blocks are supported in 64-bit Windows programs.
- A 64-bit Windows application can use a 32-bit Windows type library (as some 64-bit MS Office applications do).
- Cannot mix 32-bit and 64-bit code in the same process.
- DLLs, components, libraries, and packages require that you compile or install separate 32-bit Windows (design-time) and 64-bit Windows (run-time) versions if you want to use the Form Designer.
64-bit Windows is needed for OS extensions, shell extensions.
- The size of LRESULT, WPARAM, and LPARAM all expand to 64 bits, so message handlers will have to be checked for inappropriate casts.
Major enhancements in Samba 4.0.0 include:
Active Directory services
Samba 4.0 supports the server-side of the Active Directory logon environment used by Windows 2000 and later, so we can do full domain join and domain logon operations with these clients.
Samba 4.0.0 ships with two distinct file servers. We now use the file server from the Samba 3.x series 'smbd' for all file serving by default.
As DNS is an integral part of Active Directory, we also provide two DNS solutions, a simple internal DNS server for 'out of the box' configurations and a more elaborate BIND plugin using the BIND DLZ mechanism in versions 9.8 and 9.9.
To provide accurate timestamps to Windows clients, we integrate with the NTP project to provide secured NTP replies.
Python Scripting Interface
A new scripting interface has been added to Samba 4, allowing Python programs to interface to Samba's internals, and many tools and internal workings of the DC code is now implemented in python.
Note di rilascio disponibili a questa pagina.
The Stable channel has been updated to 23.0.1271.97 for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and ChromeFrame platforms. This build contains the following fixes:
- Some texts in a Website Settings popup are trimmed (Issue: 159156)
- Linux: <input> selection renders white text on white bg in apps (Issue: 158422)
- some plugins stopped working (Issue: 159896)
- Windows 8: Unable to launch system level chrome after self destructing user-level chrome (Issue: 158632)
I'm very happy to announce that the first release candidate for Qt 5.0.0 has just been released.
We have been completely restructuring the Qt documentation to make it easier to access. Please have a look and check out the new docs. We hope that they will make it easier to find your way and access the information you’re searching for.
The examples have also received a lot of love to make sure it is easy to get started with Qt. They can be easily accessed, build and launched from Qt Creator’s Welcome screen.
A final set of a few additional API changes has also made it into the release candidate. This release fixes the API set for Qt 5.0. Between now and the final release we will only make very minor adjustments to the API.
La lista dei cambiamenti introdotti in questa versione rispetto alla 4.0 si trova a questa pagina. La documentazione è disponibile a questa pagina. Il download della RC per Windows, Linux e Mac OS X è possibile da questa pagina.
Rilasciata LibreOffice 3.6.4
This is the sixth release from the 3.6 branch of LibreOffice.
It contains many exciting new features, and is the recommended version for home and corporate users.
The following notes apply:
- This release is bit-for-bit identical to the 3.6.4 Release Candidate 3, so you don't need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
- The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can choose the user interface language that you prefer. Help content is available via an online service, or alternatively as a separate install.
- For Windows users that have LibreOffice prior to version 3.4.5 installed, uninstall that beforehand. Otherwise, the upgrade to 3.6.4 may fail.
- For Windows users that have OpenOffice.org installed, we advise uninstalling that beforehand, because it registers the same file type associations.
- If you run Windows 2000, you may require this update before being able to install LibreOffice.
- If you run Linux, the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
Download da questa pagina.
- Fixed crashes like 161858, 158747, 156878
- Fixed graphical corruption in Dust.
- Fixed print preview in Windows 8 mode.
- Fixed scrolling issue.
Rilasciata nuova versione di Firefox
FIXED 17.0.1: Font rendering issue in Firefox 17.0 (bug 814101)
FIXED 17.0.1: Reverted user agent change causing some website incompatibilities
NEW First revision of the Social API and support for Facebook Messenger
NEW Click-to-play blocklisting implemented to prevent vulnerable plugin versions from running without the user's permission (see blog post)
CHANGED Updated Awesome Bar experience with larger icons
CHANGED Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported
DEVELOPER SVG FillPaint and StrokePaint implemented
DEVELOPER Improvements that make the Web Console, Debugger and Developer Toolbar faster and easier to use
DEVELOPER New Markup panel in the Page Inspector allows easy editing of the DOM
HTML5 Sandbox attribute for iframes implemented, enabling increased security
FIXED Over twenty performance improvements, including fixes around the New Tab page
FIXED 17.0.1: Leaving Private Browsing with Social API enabled should reset social components (814554)
FIXED Pointer lock doesn't work in web apps (769150)
FIXED Page scrolling on sites with fixed headers (780345)
UNRESOLVED If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369)
UNRESOLVED For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see 579260)
UNRESOLVED Windows: The use of Microsoft's System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates (see 730285)
Update (Oct 11, 2012)
- An update to Firefox for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux was released at 12pm PT on Oct 11. Users will be automatically updated and new downloads via http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/new/ will receive the updated version (16.0.1).
- A fix for the Android version of Firefox was released at 9pm PT on Oct 10.
Mozilla is aware of a security vulnerability in the current release version of Firefox (version 16). We are actively working on a fix and plan to ship updates tomorrow. Firefox version 15 is unaffected.
The vulnerability could allow a malicious site to potentially determine which websites users have visited and have access to the URL or URL parameters. At this time we have no indication that this vulnerability is currently being exploited in the wild.